Monday, May 5, 2008

The best parts about ITG Superlative? Sometimes it's the little things...

In retrospect I was probably a little rough on Superlative, but c'mon, I was basing it solely on the marketing that had been done by ITG. So for that I stand by my opinions. However, now that the product has been released, there are definitely some bright spots. I guess I can't be too critical since I haven't bought any packs/boxes/books, but the two things that has stood out the most were... well, let me give you some visual clues (all pics admittedly stolen from current eBay auctions): And this one: Then this one: And we'll add this one: And lastly: Give up yet? So what's the significance? Well, it is two-fold: 1) They used different pics for each card--something somewhat different for ITG; and 2) They used pics of the player in the correct team jersey, in that it matches the patch or jersey piece Very minor, but as a former player collector, something I picked up on right away. I noticed that this also holds true for the most part with other multi-team players such as Brett Hull, Roy, and Thornton. I did see a Quad Patch card with Forsberg, though. It has what appears to be an Avs patch piece, but he's shown in a Team Sweden jersey. There are probably plenty of other exceptions like this, but sometimes people notice the little things about the players they collect. Or at least I did.

No comments: